Monday, September 5, 2016

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Ugly Love? I should be used by now. Having read a few books of Colleen Hoover. I should be familiar now with how her titles are often sort of a reverse psychology tactic, which are very effective in hooking everyone to read her books. Then, once you read it, you get so involved. Even to the point that you wanted to become a champion for causes like anti-bullying, abuse for women and children, rape, etc. I really admire her for using her talents for spreading awareness on these very important issues. I also commend her for her boldness for speaking up for those who have lost their voices or have gotten tired of speaking but no one seems to be paying attention.

I had this great urge to find out what she meant by Ugly love. I really have no idea what the story is about. I did not read the summary or reviews posted on social media. I would also intentionally skip giving you a synopsis for fear of spoiling it for those who have not read it. Thankfully, like all her books, CoHo explained what ugly love is and the pain that came with it. In fact, she have explained it really well that I too felt the pain that Tate experienced with being involved with Miles. I wanted to hug Tate and tell her that she's a great person and there's definitely something wrong with Miles for not wanting to fall in love with her. 

I could not figure out what was Miles' issue until he came out with it. I was so antsy the whole time wanting to know what is really wrong with him. What destroyed him?

I did not cry but it felt like I was holding my breath the whole time. I seemed to have forgotten how to breathe in my earnest desire to sort out Tate and Miles love life.

Five hearts for a beautifully-written story. Probably, second to It Ends With Us because I did not break down,  though I was just as confused as Tate. Thankfully, this did not kill me like It Ends With Us. I did not have to feel unhinged for two days. I would like to say, officially, Colleen Hoover is now on my fave authors' list and probably, the top in her genre. Congratulations Colleen! Now, I have to read all your books. Tsk...:)



I know thoughts of confronting your past terrifies you. It terrifies every man. But sometimes we don't do it for ourselves. We do it for the people we love more than ourselves.
-Colleen Hoover, Ugly Love - 





Also by Colleen Hoover:
It Ends With Us

Finding Cinderella

Losing Hope


No comments:

Post a Comment