Friday, December 2, 2016

To One Knight's Heaven by Simon West-Bulford | ARC | A Book Review

To One Knight's Heaven  by Simon West-Bulford Book Review

Here's another one. Another ARC I did not get to post a review right away. Again, my sincere apologies. 

This is another very interesting and engrossing read. That is if you are into mystery, conspiracies, and scandals about religion or faith. I am into all those things and I am curious as to the claims that the Vatican or the Roman Catholic Church is hiding a lot of books, manuscripts, etc. that could ruin a lot of believers in the faith. Or most damaging of all, destroy all those hard-fought millennia of widely established and followed religion. I live for this kind of stories. Yes, I am a fan of Steve Berry and Dan Brown. I even have a copy of the Hiram Key and The Book of Hiram, which are works of Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas. 

To One Knight's Heaven is like one of those books and works I mentioned. It's a story of a megalomaniac who has a messiah complex who plotted to wipe out all religions in the world. 

This book is exactly my bowl of rice. I like plots like these. If you are familiar with all those books I mentioned above, you will know that they are all about religion, faith, the Bible, and all other mysteries about faith. I am not sure why, but I am just so drawn into these subjects. They are like tantalizing pastries that I want to savor and relish with gusto. And this book is just what exactly satisfied my craving needs. It had all the fixings I need in a book that is attempting to shake the foundations of faith and religion. This is a jackpot!

I think, in a way, I can relate to Lucas. I think, for those of us who believe in religion or a God who has control over everything, I'm sure there was a time when you were bombarded with doubts about your beliefs. Let's just say that I am now in a limbo. In a state where I am unsure about myself, what I can do and what I believe in. It's more than theological. It's more of questioning my purpose. And I am lost, in all sense of the word. I don't know where I should go, what I should do or where I am going. Like I am in a stand-still. I am waiting and praying for some inspiration. For a strong jolt to push me to that thing or purpose for my being alive. So far, I haven't felt any twitch.

I don't know why I haven't heard of Simon West-Bulford before. He has written a few books and there are some titles which are of the same genre of this book. Now, I have one more author to stalk and I will definitely start to hunt for his works of the same subjects. I bet he has more interesting ideas because apparently, he has been writing theological essays for a decade. Finally, another name to join the lines of Berry, Brown, Knight and Lomas. Nice to meet you Mr. West-Bulford.

I give the book 5/5 crosses. This is another book that found me. I have enjoyed being shown another glimpse of the workings of the mind of an ego-centered man. I hope these psychopaths like him will stay only in the books and stories. We can't have them living among us. The embers of my curiosity were also fanned to a rising flame when the book talked about other lost books that should have been part of the Bible. Aside from the alleged lost gospels of James, Judas Iscariot, etc., this book hinted of more controversial and forbidden books that are purported to hold more evidence of the life and mysteries surrounding Jesus Christ. If these books are real, what would be their impact to the world? Hmmmm...I think that sounds like a good outline for another book. But who knows, they may be real and currently gathering dust in an old chest or in the vaults of Vatican.


...his faith had all but collapsed into the hot, dry sand of theology. It had been a gradual process, insidious in its decline, but the waters of his early faith, the excitement he felt when he first walked with God, had dried up.
- Simon West-Bulford, To One Knight's Heaven -





Release Date: November 21, 2016



Thank you again, Librarything.com and Simon West-Bulford for the ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment