Thursday, January 19, 2017

Henrietta the Dragon Slayer (Henrietta the Dragon Slayer #1) by Beth Barany | A Book Review

Henrietta the Dragon Slayer (The Five Kingdoms #1) by Beth Barany | A Book Review

This is the real adventure now. Finally, Henrietta was convinced to go hunting dragons again but it was not easy. She was forced to go because she had her own motivations apart from what was really required of her. She had to face sad and urgent realities first before she made her decision.

This was a good adventure. Her companions who at first seemed to be of no use to her proved to be very capable. Henrietta in turn, finds her self-confidence again and her strength. 

This was OK. It was not as impressive as I expected it to be as this won an award. I think I have read far better stories but this was entertaining in the least. I was just not so taken by the story. It is entirely my fault. I think the author has done her job but I guess, there are just stories that have different degrees of effect to each reader. This one just did not have the same effect it had with me as the others who loved this. I guess I was just not impressed or probably, I had very high expectations of this book and they were just not met.

I give the book 3/5 cute dragons, not as fierce as I wanted them to be. I can't exactly point why this book did not really pull me in. Maybe I will be able to appreciate the next two books in the series. I have the third book already waiting for me. Sadly, I don't have a copy of book two.




They can sweep you up and pull you along like a pebble in the tide.
- Beth Barany, Henrietta the Dragon Slayer -


Thank you again, Beth Barany, for the copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment