Sunday, January 1, 2017

The Haunted Manor: Torn Between Love and Power by Emilia Hartley | ARC | A Book Review

The Haunted Manor by Emilia Hartley ARC A Book Review

I changed a few things on my blog. I added drop-down pages and a contact tab. I got this book by way of the said contact tab. One of the authors who may have visited my blog sent me a message asking if I wanted to review her book. Obviously, I said yes. I could not and would not turn down any authors asking me to review their book. It is such an honor for me to be even spared a notice.

The Haunted Manor is a very entertaining horror and romance story. This was a very good fix to my wanting to read horror stories lately. I had been thinking of reading more horror stories. I think they feel less terrifying than seeing them on the big screen. I sometimes enjoy watching them but I only watch those that I can take. I don't want to end up awake the whole night because of my super-active imagination. That's why I never watched The Conjuring and other stupefying horror movies.

The Haunted Manor as I said is a horror story but it was more of a mystery/suspense to me. I prefer it that way than ending up with my eyes open wide till morning. It was not that horrifying but I enjoyed it. The love story factor just made it more interesting. In a way, there was a bit of comedy in it. Lord Michael Baird's personality made the story a little funny. I was grinning at his antics. It is always funny to picture someone appearing to be unfazed and then turned out to be scared out of his wits, he almost pissed his pants. That was how I imagined Lord Michael in the morning after the first night of his stay at the manor.

I give the book 4/5 ghosts. It was an entertaining horror story which was just a little scary. I was not looking to be scared to death so this was just to my liking. I would like to read more of Emilia Hartley's books. I have been enjoying this and I am curious as to what other stories and genre she has up on her sleeve. This has been a good introductory story. It is nice to meet you, Emilia Hartley. Looking forward to reading the rest of your works.





Thank you again, Emilia Hartley, for the ARC.

No comments:

Post a Comment