Monday, March 6, 2017

Paper Love (A Chicago Christmas #2) by Audrey Wynne | A Book Review

Paper Love by Audrey Wynne | A Book Review by iamnotabookworm

This review was supposed to be due March 1st, but I was not feeling well so I asked for an extension. 

There are two things that hit me with this story. First, was Origami. Yes, the Japanese art of paper folding. I am not really into this art form but this book mentioned something about folding a thousand paper cranes and if you are able to do it then that means your patience will be rewarded. Whatever you wish for will come true. I was thinking of doing the thousand paper cranes because maybe, just maybe, the stroke of bad luck or feeling lost would finally leave me. Believe me, I have tried so hard. But I am also aware that I don't have the healthiest or the strongest self-esteem though I have also tried to love myself more. I blame it all on the bad experiences that I had when I was younger. I realize I don't have that strong foundation of self-confidence growing up. Anyway, I know that my past is not all that I am and I am not letting it dictate my life but I can't help that there are just days that are harder than others.

Enough of me, the other thing that I can relate to in this book is it being set in Chicago. Fortunately, I have been to Chicago once. Some of the places mentioned in this book like the Millennium Park and Navy Pier are places I can remember and etched in my memory. Being in Chicago was one of the most unforgettable times in my life.

All in all, aside from the two things I mentioned, the story did not strike me as very memorable. It was not a very unique story. The main characters are good enough but I wished they had something more to make them unforgettable. So, I am giving it 2/5 paper cranes. The story wasn't bad but it was also not that unique or it could be the characters. Although I admit the guy here, Ben was memorable enough because of the paper cranes but the rest of the cast I think did not have that strong or striking personalities that stand out that would give them enough to recall.  This is just OK.


According to Japanese tradition, the person with enough patience and commitment to create a thousand origami cranes will be granted his most coveted wish.



Thank you again, Kathy of ebooksforreview.com. 


No comments:

Post a Comment